Monday, October 20, 2008

a new book...

i know i said i had a blog brewing about the cross but a new book has captured my attention and im reading it first...its called 'Is God Intolerant?' and is written my Daniel Taylor.
I have pondered this subject before, and done a lil reading on it when i was at college and as stands i would conservativly answer in the affirmative...yes God is intolerant.
He has to be...intolerant of sin and the human condition but i think it sits along side his perfect love and grace...
i have only read the introduction so far but am enjoying the book. One comment has caught my attention though and it is this...'God does not call us to be tolerant, he calls us to love.'

Makes me think of abortion and how aweful that is...and those dumb christians who stand outside clinics with banners and yell at the women going inside...it makes me soooo mad that they do that....we dont have to tolerate what happens in this world but we DO have to LOVE...why not get along side these women and support and care for them...be love instead of judgment...
hmmm interesting...cant wait to read the rest...

No comments: